UPDATE: According to the City of Oxford the boil water notice has been lifted.
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A broken water line has prompted the city of Oxford to issue a precautionary boil water alert.
This does not include the University of Mississippi.
City officials say a water line break near Highway 6 led to the alert.
Results from water testing by the state are not expected back until Tuesday.
Until then, people are advised to boil water for one minute before using it for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, washing dishes or fruits and vegetables.
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- UPDATE: Oxford under boil water alert
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert
- UPDATE: Boil water alert could be lifted for Tupelo Saturday
- UPDATE: Boil-water alert lifted for Town of Vaiden
- UPDATE: Boil water alert for Blue Mtn. has been lifted
- Boil water alert issued for some, lifted for others
- Boil water alert lifted in the Nettleton area
- Boil water alert lifted for some in Chickasaw County