UPDATE: 07/17/18 - This boil water notice has been lifted as of July 17. The water on campus is safe to consume.
See the original post below.
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A boil water notice has been issued for the Oxford campus of Ole Miss because of routine water testing.
Any water that comes from the university's water system should be boiled vigorously for one minute before consuming.
This area includes all campus buildings, including residence halls, office buildings, academic buildings and athletic venues.
This does not include the Jackson Avenue Center.
"Those who do not have the ability to boil water should use bottled water until the alert is lifted," the university stated.
Students, faculty and staff will be notified by RebAlert when the boil water notice is lifted.
Checklist for Safe Water Use
Do not drink tap water while the water system is under boil water advisory.
Do not drink from water fountains in parks or public/private buildings that receive water from the system.
Do not use ice made from water today. Freezing will not necessarily kill harmful bacteria.
Do not use tap water to make drinks, juices or fountain soft drinks.
Do not use tap water to make tea or coffee unless the brewing process brings the water to a boil for at least one minute.
Wash your dishes in boiled water, bottled water, or use paper plates for the next few days.
Wash your fruits and vegetables with boiled or bottled water.
Wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed.
Brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water.
Cook with tap water if the food will be boiled for at least one minute.
Bringing water to a rolling boil for one minute will destroy all major types of harmful bacteria.
REMEMBER: Fish in aquariums are not affected.
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Ole Miss Oxford campus
- UPDATE: Oxford lifts boil water notice
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- UPDATE: Lafayette County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil-water notice lifted for Belmont
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Hatley
- UPDATE: MSU boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Eupora boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Vardaman