MARION COUNTY, Ala. (WTVA) – The body pulled from a burned house in Marion County, Alabama, is believed to be a 40-year-old father.
Marion County Sheriff Kevin Williams says his department responded to a house fire on Highway 45 in Bear Creek Tuesday morning.
A body was recovered from the house after the fire.
The body is believed to be that of Kevin Pickens, who lived at the house with his family.
The remains were sent off for an autopsy.
Williams says Pickens’ wife and son were able to escape the fire.
The fire is under investigation. The State Fire Marshal's office say they don't believe foul play was involved.
Friends of Pickens tell WTVA he was a nice guy who would help anyone in the time of need.
- Body recovered following Marion County, AL house fire
- UPDATE: Marion County, AL jail escapee captured
- UPDATE: Marion County, AL escapee recaptured
- Body recovered following Winston County fire
- Officer fatally shoots man in Marion County, AL
- UPDATE: Video shows Marion County, AL jail escape
- Tire blowout leads to deadly wreck in Marion County, AL
- Amory family recovering after overnight house fire
- Marion County residents react to Alabama election
- Marion County officer-involved shooting under investigation