LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss (WTVA) -- The body of a man reported missing over the weekend in the Golden Triangle has been found.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant confirms the body of Jerrel Ward, 24, of Starkville was found last night on Sand Road.
Ward was reported missing to Columbus police Saturday and had been working with Starkville police on the investigation.
Ward's body has been sent to the Mississippi State Crime Lab in Pearl for an autopsy.
Investigators are back at the location where Ward's body was discovered looking for evidence.
We will have more on this story on WTVA 9 News and WTVA.com as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Body found identified as missing man from Starkville
- UPDATE: Missing Starkville teen found
- UPDATE: Missing Starkville teenager has been found
- UPDATE: Body found in drainage channel identified
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: Starkville woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville man found
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- UPDATE: Starkville police confirm missing teenager has been found