COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant has identified the body that was found in Columbus.
The body was identified as that of Deondrey Montreal Hopkins, 35, of Columbus.
Merchant said Hopkins had been last seen on Sunday around lunchtime.
His body was later found on the banks of the Luxapallila Creek.
A group of ATV riders found the body, the coroner said.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton said the evidence does not indicate Hopkins' death was a homicide.
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- Coroner identifies body found at Tupelo home
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Body found at Columbus motel
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County