UPDATE 04/19/18 - Tishomingo County body identified
TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss (WTVA) - A death investigation is underway in Tishomingo County after a body was found floating in a creek.
Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon says a man's body was found by a passing motorist on Mt. Gilead Road about a mile south of Highway 72 west of Iuka around 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Investigator Greg Mitchell says it appears the body had been there for a while and investigators were unable to identify the person.
The body has been sent to the State Crime Lab for a positive identification and cause of death.
- Body found in Tishomingo County creek
- Body found floating in Tishomingo County
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- Hernando man found dead in Tishomingo County
- Body found in Tippah County
- Body found In Union County
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- Family seeks justice for daughter's body found in Jackson creek
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- Stolen gun found during Tishomingo County traffic stop