TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Organizers are planning a benefit ride for a Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper on Saturday.
Trooper Keith Cole is fighting stage 4 gastroesophageal junction cancer, which is cancer at the bottom of the esophagus and top of the stomach.
Last year Cole underwent radiation, chemotherapy and surgery. He returned to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, for a 6-month checkup and learned his cancer had returned.
It is a metastatic recurrent tumor between his liver and pancreas at the surgical spot and in his lymph nodes in his chest.
Cole is traveling back and forth to MD Anderson for treatment. All proceeds from this ride go directly to Cole to help with medical and travel expenses.
- Registration for the ride is at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- Tupelo Furniture Market Building 5 on North Coley Road in Tupelo.
- $25 per bike or $10 per bike rider
- Participants do not have to have a motorcycle, organizers say. There will be other activities going on. Auction items and T-shirts will be available.
- Debit and credit cards will be accepted on-site.
- Lunch will begin after motorcyclists return around 12:30 p.m.