BELMONT, Miss. (WTVA) - A wreck in Belmont claimed the life of a 26-year-old man.
The wreck happened Thursday night on New Bethel Road.
Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon said 26-year-old Jerry White was driving a car that left the roadway and struck a tree near the Belmont Cemetery.
White died at the scene of the wreck. A passenger in the car was transported to the hospital.
Wilemon said an off-duty deputy sheriff who lives nearby found the wreckage at 9 p.m.
- Belmont wreck killed driver, sent passenger to hospital
- Thursday wreck kills two people in Belmont
- Oktibbeha driver hospitalized after rollover wreck
- Lowndes County wreck sends driver to hospital
- Town welcomes Belmont child home
- Belmont family seeking heart transplant
- Missing Belmont teen headed home
- Chickasaw County wreck sends two drivers to hospital
- UPDATE: Semi truck driver taken to hospital after Lowndes wreck
- Belmont man charged with third DUI