IUKA Miss. (WTVA) – Tishomingo County deputies arrested a Belmont man on a drug charge following a traffic stop.
According to the Tishomingo County Sheriff’s Department, 30-year-old Billy “Chad” Sartain was arrested on Tuesday, December 19.
Billy "Chad" Sartain | Photo: Tishomingo County Jail
The traffic stop happened at the intersection of Highway 25 and County Road 23 for failing to stop at a stop sign.
During the stop, deputies saw scales in the passenger-side seat of the vehicle.
A further search turned up meth, as well as some pipes.
He was officially charged with the felony possession of a controlled substance. His bond was set at $3,000.
The sheriff’s department says Sartain is currently out on a previous felony bond for the same offense.
His case will be presented to the next available grand jury.
- Belmont man charged with meth possession
- Houlka man charged with meth possession
- Gore Springs man charged with meth possession
- Police charge Amory woman with meth possession
- Belmont man charged with third DUI
- Tishomingo woman arrested for meth possession
- Town welcomes Belmont child home
- Belmont family seeking heart transplant
- Fulton man faces meth charge
- Man charged with illegal possession of firearm