OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Panola County man is charged with aggravated assault for a weekend stabbing in Oxford.
According to the Oxford Police Department, officers responded to a fight early Sunday morning on North Lamar Boulevard in front of Pita Pit.
A group of males was fighting.
The police officers found a man who had multiple stab wounds to his leg and chest. His wounds are described as non-life-threatening.
Police later found and arrested the suspect, Johnny James, 24, of Batesville.
- Batesville man charged in Oxford stabbing
- Batesville man charged with Oxford burglary
- Batesville man accused of shoplifting from Oxford Walmart
- Silver Alert issued for Batesville man
- Batesville woman charged with possession of stolen gun
- Blauer Manufacturing expanding to Batesville, creating jobs
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford
- Oxford man charged with statutory rape
- Hernando man charged with assault in Oxford