OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Yalobusha County man facing federal weapons charges after a bank robbery investigation identified him as a possible suspect remains in the Lafayette County Jail.
Cornelius Rockell Bradford, 23, was named in a criminal complaint filed in U. S. District Court last week.
The complaint identifies Bradford as a possible suspect in the December 15 armed robbery of the BancorpSouth in Oakland.
Federal authorities searched his vehicle on December 19 and uncovered a handgun. He was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The complaint says the firearm has similar characteristics and appears to be the same one used in the robbery.
Bradford waived a preliminary hearing and detention hearing set for Wednesday and remains in custody of the U. S. Marshals.
- Bank robbery suspect faces weapons charges
- Bank robbery investigation leads to federal weapons charge
- Teen faces multiple robbery charges in Corinth
- Report: Starkville man faces sexual battery, weapons charge
- Sulligent, Alabama, bank robbery suspect is in custody
- Tupelo Police release photo of bank robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Suspect faces multiple charges after shooting
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- Woman cleared for 2015 bank robbery
- Convicted felon indicted on federal weapons charges