TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A merger will allow Tupelo-based banking company, BancorpSouth Bank, to expand in Central Texas.
BancorpSouth is set to acquire Texas First Bancshares, which is the parent company of Texas First State Bank.
The Tupelo-based banking company announced Monday the signing of a definitive merger agreement.
Texas First was founded in 1906 in Riesel, Texas, and has six full-service banking offices in the Waco and Killeen-Temple metropolitan areas.
Once complete, BancorpSouth will have 76 full-service banking offices, five mortgage loan production offices and four insurance offices in Texas.
The merger is expected to close during the first half of 2020.
- BancorpSouth expanding in Central Texas, acquiring Texas First Bancshares
- BancorpSouth completes merger; expands into Texas
- BancorpSouth set to acquire banks in Texas, Alabama
- BancorpSouth merger to help bank expand in Texas
- Mergers give BancorpSouth Bank more presence in Texas, Florida
- BancorpSouth Arena and Conference Center plans to expand
- BancorpSouth Arena ice skating schedule
- BancorpSouth Bank receives regulatory approval for mergers
- BancorpSouth Tupelo awards two local charities
- BancorpSouth Arena offers public ice skating