TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Two local charities were awarded several thousands of dollars from the BancorpSouth Tupelo Downtown branch Friday evening.
Habitat For Humanity of Northeast Mississippi and the Tupelo Salvation Army were awarded a total of $15,000.
The donation will help support Habitat For Humanity in building homes for families in need in Lee County, and it will help the Salvation Army provide meals, shelters and clothes.
"Part of our moto here at BancorpSouth, if you read it, will say that we are committed to the growth in our communities," Senior Vice President Retail Manager Ketra Ruff said. "It is very important that we give back to our communities."
- BancorpSouth Tupelo awards two local charities
- There are new plans for BancorpSouth Center in Tupelo
- Tupelo Elvis Festival moves Thursday concert to BancorpSouth Arena
- BancorpSouth to invest $15M and hire 100 in Tupelo
- BancorpSouth Arena ice skating schedule
- BancorpSouth Bank receives regulatory approval for mergers
- BancorpSouth completes merger; expands into Texas
- Tupelo police and firemen face off for charity
- Annual charity roast raises money for Tupelo free clinic
- Man released on bond in BancorpSouth Arena shooting