UPDATE: Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green identifies the body as 36-year-old Akhtar Husain, of Tupelo.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo police are investigating the discovery of a body found in a drainage channel Monday morning.
A passerby notified police of a body near the Salvation Army on Carnation Street shortly after 10:30.
The fire department originally responded for emergency medical care, but determined the man was deceased.
Coroner Carolyn Green says right now foul play is not suspected.
She says it appears the man may have fallen into the channel.
The name of the man is not being released at this time pending the notification of family.
- UPDATE: Body found in drainage channel identified
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: Body found identified as missing man from Starkville
- Coroner identifies body found at Tupelo home
- Sheriff identifies bodies found in Benton County
- Weir woman identified as body found in Oktibbeha County
- UPDATE: Officials identify body, suspect in Okolona death
- Body found in Tippah County
- Bodies Found At Pontotoc Home
- Body found In Union County