TIPPAH COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – An autopsy has yet to be performed on the body found last week in Tippah County.
The body was found on December 23 off Highway 15 in Ripley.
Tippah County Coroner Chris McCallister says they believe it is the body of David Rust, of Ripley, who has been missing since December 8.
On Friday, McCallister said an autopsy has not yet been performed due to back up in work at the state forensic lab.
He says an autopsy is expected next week.
- Autopsy to reveal ID of Tippah County body
- Body found in Tippah County
- UPDATE: Autopsy results expected soon for Pontotoc County bodies
- Tippah County sex offender wanted by state
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- Appeal in Tippah County manslaughter case denied
- Mississippi autopsy confirms child's body in garbage bags
- Tippah County crash claims the life of Pontotoc County man
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County autopsy backs homicide
- Tippah Co. residents celebrate Memorial Day