JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Corrections says autopsies will be done on two inmates who died recently. It says 50-year-old William Sharp was found unresponsive in his cell Saturday at South Mississippi Correctional Institution. He was convicted of attempted robbery in Grenada County. The department says 62-year-old Harold Ramsey died Monday at a Greenville hospital after a chronic illness. He was taken there from Parchman prison. He was convicted of aggravated assault and burglary in Alcorn County and grand larceny in Prentiss County. At least 44 inmates have died in Mississippi prisons since late December, and the Justice Department is investigating the state's prison system.
At least 44 inmates have died in Mississippi prisons since late December, and the Justice Department is investigating the state's prison system.
Posted: Jun 1, 2020 10:11 PM
Updated: Oct 6, 2020 12:15 PM
- Autopsies set for two inmates
- Autopsy set for inmate serving life at Mississippi prison
- Autopsies set after 2 central Mississippi inmates die
- Statewide autopsy delay
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County autopsy backs homicide
- Autopsy results back following trooper's death
- Family autopsy: Floyd asphyxiated by sustained pressure
- Autopsy to reveal ID of Tippah County body
- Coroner: Autopsy shows Plantersville man died from gunshot wounds
- UPDATE: Autopsy results expected soon for Pontotoc County bodies
Scroll for more content...