AURORA, Ill. (WTVA) - One victim in the Aurora shooting has been identified as a Mississippi State University graduate.
The Reflector reports Josh Pinkard graduated from MSU in 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering.
Gary Martin | Photo: MGN Online
Those close to him described him as a dedicated MSU fan and God-loving man.
On Monday, MSU released a statement concerning Pinkard's death.
“The MSU family mourns the loss of our beloved alum, who also was a beloved husband and father,” said Sid Salter, MSU chief communications officer.
Pinkard was one of five victims killed in the shooting on Friday, Feb. 15.
According to The Associated Press, Gary Martin started shooting after learning he was being fired from his job of 15 years at the Henry Pratt Co. in Aurora.
Martin was later killed during an exchange of gunfire with police officers.
- Aurora victim identified as MSU graduate
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- UPDATE: MSU police identify men in surveillance photos
- MSU community holding vigil to remember victims of Pittsburgh shooting