JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A new report from the state auditor says Mississippi's Bureau of Narcotics director was improperly paid $27,662 for working extra hours and recommends he repay that money to the state.
The money was for the state buying compensatory time hours from Director John Dowdy, and the auditor's report says proper permission was not given.
The auditor's report was released Thursday.
It also says Dowdy improperly used $2,450 in a clothing allowance and recommends he repay that money.
MBN disputes many of the auditor's findings.
- Audit: Narcotics director was improperly paid for comp time
- Hood: Reeves improperly pushed frontage road project
- Fleeing man arrested by narcotics agents
- Mississippi toughening up narcotics overdose investigations
- Mississippi narcotics agents sue over pay raises
- Narcotics agents arrest Hernando pharmacist, nurse practitioner from central Mississippi
- Monroe County warns public of fake narcotics officers
- Facebook says 100 app developers could have improperly accessed user data for months
- Mississippi's emergency director resigns
- Saltillo Public Works director resigns