HOLLY SPRINGS, Miss. (WTVA) - An attorney for law enforcement said a Marshall County inmate committed suicide Tuesday outside the jail by shooting himself with a gun he stole from a sheriff's vehicle.
Tony Farese said the inmate, a trusty whose name has not been released, was serving time for burglary and had been questioned by Senatobia police about another crime prior to the fatal shooting.
According to Farese, the trusty broke into the locked vehicle to get the gun around 4 p.m.
- Attorney: Marshall County inmate steals gun, commits suicide
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- Sheriff: Marshall County prison guard severely injured by inmate
- Attorney: Inmate endured 'torture' before execution halted
- UPDATED: Bizarre gun suicide at Iuka Hospital
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- UPS worker arrested, accused of stealing guns
- Bridgette Marshall, wife of Alabama's attorney general, dies
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Webster County inmates face charges