ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - Two big checks were donated to two hospitals by employees from several Ashley Furniture locations.
Through Ashley Furniture's "A Dollar A Week" program, employees collected more than $70,000.
On Friday, a $43,000 check was presented to Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital and a $31,000 check was presented to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
"Families at St. Jude never receive a bill for their treatment, travel, housing or food, so all mom and dad need to worry about is just spending time with their families," said Colby Maxwell with St. Jude.
"All of us at Ashley Furniture are just honored to take part in 'A Buck a Week' program," said Ashley Furniture Representative Brent Koslo. "It enables us to contribute money to organizations that we feel very very strongly about."
"Le Bonheur is just so grateful for the support of the Ashley Furniture employees and the fact that they give through payroll deduction and they give from their hearts," said Connie Haygood of Le Bonheur.
Employees from Ashley Furniture's Ecru, Verona, Ripley and Saltillo locations participated in the program.
This is the thirteenth year they have contributed to the cause.
- Ashley Furniture employees donate big checks to two hospitals
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- UPDATE: Nothing found at Ashley Furniture following bomb threat
- UPDATE: Bomb threat suspect charged for Ashley Furniture scare
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- United Furniture & Heritage Home Group finalize sale of Lane Furniture
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Local furniture maker adding jobs
- UPDATE: Some American Furniture employees head back to work following massive fire