Photo Gallery 1 Images
ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - Many local high school graudates have been awarded scholarships from Ashley Furniture.
The company, alongside the Wanek family, recognized students by contributing more than $285,000 in scholarships across the country.
Twenty-seven were found near Ashley's manufacturing and distribution facilities in Ecru, Ripley and Verona.
These scholarships will be put towards their college tuition this fall.
The local students are listed below:
Baldwyn High School – Andress Barber
Falkner High School - Carly Jackson and Mallory Prather
Houston High School - Lakyn Adams
Houlka Attendance Center – Andrew Ash and Allaunah Tumblin
Ingomar Attendance Center - Lauren Wooley and Morgan Nance
Kossuth High School – Avery Mullins
Myrtle Attendance Center - Sara McDonald and Hunter Thompson
Nettleton High School - Toby Homan
North Pontotoc High School - Allison Farris, Marie Morris and Carlie Robinson
Pontotoc High School - Bria Taylor
Ripley High School - Callie Davis and Sara Jaimes Robinson
South Pontotoc High School - Alfonso Fernandez, Karina Sanchez-Granados and Shenandoah Staser
Starkville – Morgan Monroe
Tupelo High School - Anayia Clifton and Chloe Ingram
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- Local graduate awarded Cooper Tire scholarship
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ecru Police investigate death at Ashley Furniture
- UPDATE: Nothing found at Ashley Furniture following bomb threat
- UPDATE: Bomb threat suspect charged for Ashley Furniture scare
- Ashley Furniture employees donate big checks to two hospitals
- Ashley Furniture expanding in Ecru, creating 100 jobs
- Coroner rules death at Ashley Furniture plant a suicide
- Local MSU students awarded prestigious scholarship