ARTESIA, Miss. (WTVA) - A Lowndes County man is accused of sexually assaulting a child.
According to a Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office news release, the alleged crime happened on April 3 at an address on Robert Street in Artesia.
Lowndes County sheriff’s deputies were later notified on April 5.
The child, who is under the age of 14, was visiting a family member, according to investigators.
The suspect, Ernest People, 51, of Artesia, was arrested on Wednesday.
He's charged with one count of sexual battery.
- Artesia man arrested, charged with child sex crime
- Oxford man charged with child sex crime
- Booneville man charged with child sex crimes
- Corinth man charged with child sex crime
- Starkville man charged with capital murder for Artesia triple homicide
- Court appearance for man charged with sex crimes against child
- Man charged with sex crimes in Verona
- Aberdeen man arrested for sex crimes
- Former Starkville teacher charged with child sex crimes
- West Point police charge woman with child sex crime