GUNTOWN, Miss. (WTVA) - A Lee County grand jury is set to hear a case against a Prentiss County man charged with sex crimes.
According to Guntown police, 34-year-old William Smith was arrested at his residence in Prentiss County on February 7.
He was charged with attempted sexual battery of a child and five counts of molestation.
Guntown Police Chief Michael Hall says the investigation started on January 22 when the victim's father filed a report.
Hall says the crimes were committed with one victim on different occasion from late October 2017 until January of this year.
Smith is a registered sex offender.
This case will be presented to a Lee County grand jury. His bond was set at $250,000.
Original post below
SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - Saltillo police are now investigating an arrested sex offender.
Saltillo Police Chief Grant Bailey says they are looking into complaints filed against William Smith following his arrest by Guntown police.
Smith faces a sex crimes in Guntown.
Bailey is not sure when his investigation will wrap up.
Smith was convicted in Prentiss County in 2008 for touching a child for lustful purposes.
He remains in the Lee County Detention Center on a $250,000 bond.
- UPDATE: Man faces sex crimes in Guntown
- Japanese man dies in wreck near Guntown
- Troopers respond to Guntown wreck
- Sex offender faces sex crimes in Lee County and Georgia
- UPDATE: Several students went to ER after Guntown bus wreck
- UPDATE: Georgia man faces more child sex crimes in Lee County
- Special football night for Guntown student
- Train cars derail in Guntown, no injuries
- Guntown PTO present check following "Jonah's Day"
- ATV wreck injures 2 riders in Guntown