NEW HOPE, Miss. (WTVA) - An investigation into a threat made over social media naming New Hope schools leads to an arrest.
Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge says a juvenile was arrested in connection with the late-February incident.
ORIGINAL STORY: Officers respond to New Hope school threat
He says investigators conducted several interviews and conducted forensic analysis on numerous electronic devices.
Arledge says other arrests are possible as the investigation continues.
He says they are charging the unnamed person under the state's cyberstalking statute and more charges are possible.
The case is currently being handled in Lowndes County Youth Court.
- Arrest made in New Hope school threat following investigation
- Arrests made for Tupelo school threats
- Arrest made for Shannon school threats
- UPDATE: Arrest made following school threats in Amory, Tupelo
- Second arrest made in connection to threat made at Nettleton School
- Seventh arrest made in home invasion investigation
- Student arrested, charged in threat investigation
- UPDATE: Aberdeen police investigating school threat
- Investigation underway into Mooreville school threat
- Police investigating school threats in Pontotoc, Oxford