NEW HOPE, Miss. (WTVA) - An investigation into a threat made over social media naming New Hope schools leads to an arrest.
Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge says a juvenile was arrested in connection with the late-February incident.
ORIGINAL STORY: Officers respond to New Hope school threat
He says investigators conducted several interviews and conducted forensic analysis on numerous electronic devices.
Arledge says other arrests are possible as the investigation continues.
He says they are charging the unnamed person under the state's cyberstalking statute and more charges are possible.
The case is currently being handled in Lowndes County Youth Court.
- Arrest made in New Hope school threat following investigation
- UPDATE: Arrest made following school threats in Amory, Tupelo
- Second arrest made in connection to threat made at Nettleton School
- Seventh arrest made in home invasion investigation
- Student arrested, charged in threat investigation
- UPDATE: Aberdeen police investigating school threat
- Bomb threat made at Noxubee County High School
- UPDATE: New Hope school attendance returns to normal following threat
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into shoe store robbery; no arrests made
- Arrest made for stolen motorcycle