LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is accused of stealing equipment in Lowndes County.
According to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, officers began investigating the theft of a stolen excavator bucket on April 30.
Chief Deputy Marc Miley says the bucket was stolen from the corner of Wolf Road and Alomar Road. The piece of equipment has been returned to its owner.
Jamie Reeves' name surfaced during the investigation as a suspect. He was brought to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department and questioned about the stolen property.
During the interview, officers determined several more items had been stolen from various places. The items included pieces of farm and tool equipment.
The items' value was estimated at more than $50,000.
Miley says most of the property has been returned.
Reeves has been charged with grand larceny and three counts of receiving stolen property.
- Arrest made in case of stolen equipment in Lowndes County
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- Arrest made in Lowndes County home invasion
- Grand larceny arrest made in Lowndes County
- Fourth arrest made in stolen property case
- Arrest made for stolen motorcycle
- Equipment stolen from Tupelo business
- Three charged in Lowndes County bribery case
- Welfare check discovers stolen firearm, arrest made
- New equipment stolen from local church