DERMA, Miss. (WTVA) - Police in Derma say a suspect has been arrested in connection with a recent shooting.
Derma Police Chief Stephen Faddock is not releasing the suspect's name just yet. However, Faddock says one or two more arrests in the case are expected.
According to law enforcement, an argument at Derma Fast Stop escalated to where shots were fired into vehicles around 8:30 p.m. Friday. No one was hurt, but a stray bullet did enter the store.
Shaif Alqatani, one of the store owner's sons, says his father and little brother were inside the convenience store at the time of the shooting.
Surveillance cameras captured the incident, showing the physical altercation as well as the moment shots were fired. Cameras also captured the moment the last bullet entered the store through a window.
Alqatani says a similar incident happened with the same people at his family's store not too long ago. He also says Derma is a quiet community and it is not the locals that start the trouble.
"It's just people coming from different cities and they have problems with people over here," said Alqatani. "That is what makes things go on over here."
The chief adds he does not believe this shooting is connected to a recent shooting in Calhoun City.
- Arrest made in Derma shooting
- Derma Police narrowing down suspects in gas station shooting
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Derma man indicted after fatal ATV collision earlier this year
- Man pleads not guilty to Derma Post Office burglary
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- Second arrest made in Starkville Sportsplex shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Oxford Lyric shooting
- Police: Arrest made in Starkville shooting