OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - One man is dead and another man is behind bars after a suspected home invasion in Okolona.
The incident happened around 2 a.m. at an address on Highway 32.
Okolona Police Chief Tommie Ivy says officers found a white male lying dead on the floor. It is unclear right now how the man died.
Chickasaw County Coroner Michael Fowler identified the victim as David Hall, 66.
According to Hall's son, emergency crews notfied him at the scene that Hall may have died from a heart attack during the struggle to get the intruder out of his home.
Police later identified the suspect as Travis Demien.
According to the Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department, his charge is listed as breaking & entering.
Hall's son told WTVA he noticed the door to his father's home had been kicked in.
Hall's body has been sent to Pearl for an autopsy.
- UPDATE: Officials identify body, suspect in Okolona death
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: Body found in drainage channel identified
- Okolona shooting suspect has long criminal history
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Okolona shooting victim listed as stable
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona teen found safe
- UPDATE: Sprinkler malfunction closes Okolona schools
- Update: Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting