UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Potts Camp woman is in jail, accused of breaking into a furniture warehouse in Myrtle.
"We've had stuff stolen from us. My dad has had thousands of dollars of tools stole from him a few years ago," said Jackson Patterson, a Myrtle resident. "There is nothing you can do about it because you can't point fingers until you catch them red-handed."
Patterson said the building at Jackson Furniture used to be empty.
"It's pretty surprising because people are working there now," Patterson said. "Previously, it shouldn't surprise me that much because people wouldn't be as scared to be there with nobody working there. But it definitely surprises me now there is a workforce."
Sammie J. Poole of Potts Camp was arrested Tuesday by Union County sheriff's deputies and is now charged with burglary.
Investigators in Union County used security footage to connect the suspect to another burglary in another place.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards stressed the importance of security cameras.
Edwards also said investigators are working to determine if this burglar was an isolated incident.
- Arrest made in Myrtle furniture warehouse burglary
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- Arrests made in separate Columbus burglary cases
- Arrest made following Baldwyn gas station burglary
- Arrest made in barbeque restaurant burglary
- Another burglary arrest made in Tishomingo County
- Arrests made in Monroe County burglaries
- Arrest made for Calhoun County burglaries
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Starkville church burglary