IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - An arrest warrant has been issued for a man accused of shooting his father in the neck earlier this week.
The warrant is for Keith Blakney, charged with aggravated assault.
Morgan Blakney | Photo: Tishomingo County Jail
He's accused of pulling the trigger during the Tuesday, April 17 shooting.
RELATED: One person shot in Iuka
Iuka police say he shot his father George Allred after a heated argument with Allred and his son Morgan Blakney.
The shooting happened at Keith Blakney's home on Walters Road.
Police say Morgan Blakney damaged his father's Iuka home, resulting in Morgan Blakney being charged with malicious mischief.
Iuka Police Chief Randy Stringer says this was an isolated incident.
"It's uncommon for here," he said. "This incident is strictly related to that family."
Allred has reportedly been released from the hospital. Police say they plan to make an arrest very soon.
- Arrest expected soon following Iuka shooting
- Three arrested for burglary of Iuka church
- Iuka couple arrested for drugs and theft
- Iuka man arrested for illegal gun possession
- Man arrested following weekend standoff in Iuka
- Iuka attorney disbarred from practice
- UPDATE: Wanted man in custody following Iuka shooting
- UPDATED: Bizarre gun suicide at Iuka Hospital
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity