Robert Ellis is charged with kidnapping and rape in Itawamba County.
As of this posting, he's being held without a bond. At the time of this incident, he was out on bond for a previous burglary arrest.
Original post below
ITAWAMBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Itawamba County sheriff's deputies captured a man accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman multiple times.
Robert Christopher Ellis, 45, was arrested Friday afternoon on New Chapel Road several days after the woman was apparently taken against her will.
Sheriff Chris Dickinson said the female victim was later rescued at the Evergreen Grocery & Deli.
Surveillance video from the store shows her around 4 a.m. Sunday getting out of a PT Cruiser Ellis was driving.
According to law enforcement, she went to get a drink and signaled to someone that she needed help. That someone confronted Ellis, and he took off.
The store owner says a clerk working there saw the victim sitting in front of the business and called 911.
She's currently in the hospital.
Another woman was with Ellis at the time of his arrest. The sheriff describes her as a witness but could end up being a victim as well.
- Accused kidnapper arrested in Itawamba County
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- Drug arrest made in Itawamba County
- Molestation arrest made in Itawamba County
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Woman arrested for Itawamba home burglary
- Man arrested for illegal drug possession in Itawamba County
- Smithville man arrested for burglary in Itawamba County
- Man arrested, charged with infant's death in Itawamba County