TIPPAH COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An appeals court denied the motion of a woman serving prison time in a Tippah County manslaughter case.
Anna Michelle Grace, 30, of Hattiesburg, pleaded guilty in 2017 in Circuit Court in connection with the beating death of Joseph Hoose, 30.
She was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Investigators found Hoose's body wrapped in a tarp in Dumas in December 2016, several weeks after he was beaten to death.
Grace was among five people initially charged with second-degree murder but entered the plea and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Earlier this year, she filed a motion with the trial judge to modify her sentence, but the judge said he did not have the authority to do so.
She appealed to the Mississippi Court of Appeals, but court records show she filed outside the required time frame to do so.
The court sent her a request asking her to show cause as to why she missed the filing deadline, but she did not respond.
The court dismissed the appeal Thursday.
- Appeal in Tippah County manslaughter case denied
- Body found in Tippah County
- Conviction appeal denied for Chickasaw County man
- Tippah County sex offender wanted by state
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- Court denies rehearing in sexual battery appeal
- High court denies appeal for Pitchford
- Judge denies appeal request for local inmate
- Judge denies Boykin's request to dismiss manslaughter charge
- Appeal denied in Oktibbeha County sexual battery conviction