DESTIN, FL (WTVA) - A north Mississippi man died in Destin, FL Saturday after an apparent drowning accident.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office confirms Roscoe Brooks, 43, of Shannon, died at the Destin Emergency Room.
They say a witness spotted Brooks in trouble on a boogie board Saturday afternoon offshore of 2700 Scenic Highway 98 in Destin.
Destin Beach Safety and a beach attendant rushed to help him. EMS and lifeguards worked to revive him and he was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Sheriff's Office says it appears to be an apparent drowning but an autopsy will be conducted.
- Apparent drowning accident in Florida claims life of Shannon man
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- UPDATE: Car fire in Shannon leads to traffic accident
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Car accident in Lowndes County claims life of teenager
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Man charged after reported sexual assault in Shannon
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest