DESTIN, FL (WTVA) - A north Mississippi man died in Destin, FL Saturday after an apparent drowning accident.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office confirms Roscoe Brooks, 43, of Shannon, died at the Destin Emergency Room.
They say a witness spotted Brooks in trouble on a boogie board Saturday afternoon offshore of 2700 Scenic Highway 98 in Destin.
Destin Beach Safety and a beach attendant rushed to help him. EMS and lifeguards worked to revive him and he was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Sheriff's Office says it appears to be an apparent drowning but an autopsy will be conducted.
- Apparent drowning accident in Florida claims life of Shannon man
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found
- Man wanted for Shannon shooting
- Fire-related accident claims life of Prentiss County man
- UPDATE: Car fire in Shannon leads to traffic accident
- Car accident in Lowndes County claims life of teenager
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Police arrest Shannon man for Tupelo homicide