COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Another person had died in relation to Saturday’s tornado in Columbus.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant confirmed a man was repairing a roof on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at a recycling business on 6th Street S.
He said the man fell 12 feet to his death.
The coroner identified the man as Donald Charles “Donnie” Schippel, 77.
Ashley Pounds, 41, of Tupelo, died on Saturday, Feb. 23, after a building she was in collapsed on her.
She died in surgery at the hospital.
- Second tornado-related death confirmed in Columbus
- One dead following tornadoes in Columbus, Burnsville
- Columbus church begins rebuilding after tornado
- Columbus is registering tornado victims for relief
- Columbus homeowner still seeks help after tornado
- UPDATE: 2 tornadoes confirmed in Lafayette County
- Surveyors confirm 6 tornadoes Saturday in Mississippi
- Tornado confirmed in Alabama as Gordon hit
- At least 6 tornadoes confirmed in state
- Weather service confirms tornadoes in southern storms