AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - The City of Amory is advising its residents to be aware of a utility scam.
The city says someone is claiming to be collecting utility bills that are past due.
The victims are told to make a payment by calling a 1-800 number in order to keep their utilities on.
Officials say city departments will never call citizens regarding overdue accounts.
“Late notices for all City of Amory bills and accounts are mailed out to our customers and citizens.”
- Amory warns of utility scam
- Starkville Utilities warns customers about phone scam
- Tupelo warns of utility phone scam
- Oxford issues warning about utility scam
- Amory Police warn about phone rage
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- U.S. Marshals warn of phone scam
- New Albany police warn of phone scams