AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Amory voters said "yes" to alcohol sales in the city.
Here's a look at the unofficial results from Tuesday night's election on the referendum.
For - 1,353
Against - 808
For - 1,343
Against - 849
City Clerk Jamie Morgan said 44.8 percent of the voters turned out, nearly double of 2014’s election.
The next step for the process is for the city to amend the law.
Morgan said it could be two months, at earliest, for beer to hit the city’s shelves.
Updated Article - Amory prepares for next step to become a "wet" city
- Amory voters say "yes" to alcohol sales
- Voters say "yes" to alcohol sales in Booneville
- Sale of Amory hospital in preliminary stages
- City of Amory sets date for alcohol vote
- Amory area business, church post anti-alcohol signs
- Absentee voting underway as alcohol vote nears in Amory
- Alcohol vote is the hot topic in Amory
- Prayer walk hosted in Amory before Tuesday's alcohol vote
- Amory held public hearing to further review alcohol ordinances
- Could alcohol sales be coming to Houston?