AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Seniors at Amory High School spent Tuesday volunteering throughout the city in the “Big Event."
Organizer Coty Cox said students were at the food pantry, nursing homes, elementary schools and other locations throughout the city.
Senior Anna Troutman said it's inspiring to see students who are preparing to leave high school give back to the place that has been home.
“It's kind of nice seeing everybody come together,” she said.
Cox said he plans to make this an annual event for the school's seniors.
- Amory seniors participate in the 'Big Event'
- Amory children spread Christmas joy
- Amory library gets $250,000 donation
- Amory warns of utility scam
- Road closure expected in Amory
- Missing Amory woman contacts family
- Amory man arrested for arson
- Everything announced at Apple's big event
- Three charged with drugs in Amory
- Two charged with felonies in Amory