AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - An Amory police officer was treated for minor injuries after being dragged by a vehicle.
Amory Police Chief Ronnie Bowen identified the officer as Matt Flippo.
Matthew Crump | Photo: Amory Police Department
Bowen said the incident happened Tuesday on Pope Street when Flippo approached a parked car and spoke with the driver, Matthew Crump.
When Flippo reached inside the vehicle to turn the ignition off, the car sped away, dragging him with it, Bowen said.
He said Flippo was able to escape and officers arrested Crump.
Flippo was treated at nearby Gilmore hospital and has since returned to the police station.
Crump now faces charges of aggravated assault on a police officer and felony fleeing.
Bowen said the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department helped police apprehend Crump.
- Vehicle drags Amory police officer; treated for minor injuries
- Vehicle rolls over, minor injuries reported
- Kosciusko police officer receives minor injuries in wreck
- Amory man arrested for stealing vehicle
- Minor injury in Lowndes County wreck
- Minor injuries reported after Mantachie collision
- UPDATE: Man still sought after sheriff's deputy dragged by vehicle
- Amory police crackdown on street patrols
- Amory Police warn about phone rage
- Amory police charge three with felony crimes