AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus man is accused of brandishing a weapon and attempting to dispose of it on the side of a road before he was arrested, according to Amory police.
Last week, Jason Dickerson, 22, confronted a subject at a local factory in Amory and waved a weapon, Lt. Detective Andy Long said. When officers spotted the vehicle Dickerson was in, he disposed of a bag on the side of a road.
The bag was located and a weapon was discovered, Long said.
Dickerson was arrested for possession of a firearm by a felon. He is out on a $3,000 bond.
- Police: Man waves gun at Amory factory
- Amory man arrested for arson
- Amory police crackdown on street patrols
- Amory Police warn about phone rage
- Amory police charge three with felony crimes
- Amory police still looking for suspected shooter
- Police charge Amory woman with meth possession
- Police charge Amory man with B&E of commercial building
- Amory man charged with B&E of residence
- Suspicious bag leads to Amory man's arrest