ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Richard Ellis Hacker, 57, was arrested on June 18 and charged with arson, according to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell.
Hacker got into a fight with his girlfriend, and she ran away to a home nearby on Becker Bottom Road in Amory, Cantrell said.
The owner of the home called law enforcement, and they thought he had left, but Hacker was still there.
Twenty minutes later, the house was on fire.
"He wanted revenge, and he got it. He burned the house down," Cantrell said.
State fire marshals are investigating.
- Amory man arrested for arson
- Suspicious bag leads to Amory man's arrest
- Amory man arrested for two county burglaries
- Women arrested for shoplifting in Amory
- 3 men arrested for Amory burglaries
- Woman arrested after weekend pursuit in Amory
- Amory man arrested on credit card fraud warrant
- Amory man charged with B&E of residence
- Police: Man waves gun at Amory factory
- Amory man charged with child exploitation