AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Amory’s hospital is offering a program to help people understand diabetes.
The Diabetes Prevention Program will be held several times a month for one year.
This program is a first of its kind for Amory, according to Dr. Vernon Rayford, a primary care physician at IMA-Tupelo.
The meetings are scheduled to be held at North Mississippi Medical Center Gilmore-Amory inside the hospital’s cafeteria at 6 p.m.
However, the location, date and time are subject to change.
Lorie Bryant, the marketing/business development director at Gilmore, said this program could benefit everyone.
People can learn more about:
- Losing weight
- Improving overall health
- Making correct food choices
- And More
Rayford said he hopes people will leave with tools to help them do many of the things that can help improve health.
For more information, call 662-377-5767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amory hospital offering diabetes prevention program
- Oktibbeha hospital offers EMT program for firefighters
- Sale of Amory hospital in preliminary stages
- Potential buyer of Amory hospital stands alone
- UPDATE: 6 taken to hospitals following Amory wreck
- Amory hospital, parent company files for bankruptcy protection
- New hospital ownership, Amory residents predict bright future
- Amory children spread Christmas joy
- Amory library gets $250,000 donation
- Amory warns of utility scam