AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - A family in Monroe County is dealing with the loss of their possessions following an early morning house fire.
The home of Tina and Michael Harlow is on 9th Street in Amory. They are the parents of WTVA meteorologist/reporter Chelsea Brown who was staying there too.
Brown said her 4-year-old nephew woke up after midnight saying he needed something. When Tina Harlow walked by the bathroom, she saw flames coming from the ceiling.
Firefighters said it appeared an electrical issue caused the blaze.
For now, the family is staying in a hotel.