AMORY. Miss. (WTVA) - Hundreds of people gathered in Amory Friday to honor the men and women of the 1st Squadron, 98th Cavalry Regiment of the Mississippi Army National Guard.
The city and local businesses held a lunch for the soldiers and their families at the National Guard Armory.
Those soldiers will leave before sunrise Saturday to serve in Operation Spartan Shield.
This mission is designed to deter and react to possible threats within the Middle East.
The soliders will go to Texas before heading overseas for Kuwait.
- Soldiers honored in Amory before deployment
- Local soldiers returning from Middle East deployment
- Troop honored in Prentiss County before deployment
- Final soldiers from Mississippi unit return from deployment
- National Guardsmen say goodbye for deployment
- Local guardsmen continue training for deployment
- Amory children spread Christmas joy
- Amory library gets $250,000 donation
- Amory warns of utility scam
- Road closure expected in Amory