PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters from three counties were called early Saturday to put out a fire at the American Furniture manufacturing plant south of Ecru.
Pontotoc County Fire Coordinator Adam Patton says the call came in around 5:45 a.m.
Fire at American Furniture in Pontotoc County (Adam Patton)
He says the flames were contained to the manufacturing building, which is connected to the office building. There was only smoke damage in the offices.
No injuries were reported. Firefighters from Lee and Union counties joined with Pontotoc County firefighters in the effort to get the flames under control.
This is the same plant where a massive fire in January caused significant damage.
Employees are expected to return back to work this upcoming Thursday.
- Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire in Pontotoc County
- Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire
- Firefighters respond to Pontotoc County fire
- UPDATE: Firefighters respond to Pontotoc County mobile home fire
- Firefighters respond to two Pontotoc County house fires
- UPDATE: Fire crews respond to fire at Pontotoc plant
- ATF investigates second American Furniture plant fire
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- Flames erupt at furniture plant in Ripley
- Firefighters respond to Union County fire