CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - A correctional officer with the Alcorn County Regional Correctional Facility was arrested in Alcorn County, charged with conspiracy to introduce contraband into the jail.
The correctional officer is identified as Angela R. Salmon, 40, of Corinth.
According to Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell, officers at the Alcorn County Regional Correctional Facility received information that a correctional officer was allegedly bringing contraband to inmates.
The sheriff says officers searched Salmon's vehicle when she arrived into work.
Officers discovered items including a phone and several bottles of alcohol. The sheriff says Salmon was going to attempt to bring the items into the jail.
Caldwell says Salmon was then placed under arrest by Alcorn County deputies and booked into the county jail.
Her bond was set at $5,000.
Caldwell says the investigation is ongoing as investigators attempt to identify any inmates or other people involved.
- Alcorn County correctional officer accused of introducing contraband
- Jailer accused of bringing contraband into Tishomingo County jail
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- Chickasaw County corrections officer attacked by inmate
- Inmate stabs Lee County correctional officer
- Former corrections officer sues Chickasaw County
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband