ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Construction begins on revitalizing an old bridge in Alcorn County.
The bridge is on County Road 604 over Herman Creek.
Alcorn County was recently awarded $297,733.35 to fix the bridge and Monday was the beginning.
Because the creek beneath the bridge continues to grow and widen, crews will add 19-foot spans to each end of the bridge.
New approach rails will be added as well.
Detour signs have been posted to direct traffic around the work.
Alcorn County Engineer Kenneth Geno expects the work to last approximately three to four months.
- Alcorn County bridge work expected to last months
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- MDOT: Road work scheduled to begin Monday in Alcorn County
- Work Zone Awareness month
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi
- Child struck by vehicle in Alcorn County