Update 5/12/18 2:45 p.m.
CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - An Alcorn County inmate who escaped during a hospital transport has been captured.
The Alcorn County Sheriff's Department says Jonathan Blankenship was taken into custody this afternoon on County Road 717 in the Wenasoga area.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell gives his thanks to everyone involved in the search.
Original article below
CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - The Alcorn County Sheriff's Department says one of its inmates escaped from deputies while being taken to the hospital in Corinth.
Sheriff Ben Caldwell says Jonathan Blankenship claimed he was hurt after a fall in the shower.
According to the sheriff, it was around 10 p.m. Friday that the inmate got away near Magnolia Regional Medical Center.
"He was last seen in that area wearing an orange jumpsuit," said Caldwell. "If you come into contact with Blankenship, please call 911."
Blankenship was being held in the Alcorn County jail waiting for state officers to pick him up for a probation violation.
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Alcorn County deputies arrest escaped inmate
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Officials ID Alcorn County shooting victims
- State inmate with Alcorn County ties escapes custody
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Missing inmate captured in Water Valley area
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found