GLEN, Miss. (WTVA) - It took nearly five hours for Glen firefighters to put out a burning home in Alcorn County.
Neighbors say they woke up to flames that were all too familiar.
In less than a month, two homes right next door to each other on County Road 322, in Glen burned down.
Jordan Vaughn, a neighbor witnessed the fire that started around 7a.m. Thursday.
“I saw the smoke and all the fire trucks," said Vaughn. "I didn’t really know what was going on because the same thing happened not too long ago at the house right beside it."
Vaughn said the family was in the process of selling their home.
“They just got through doing the upstairs. It’s a shame that they put all that time and effort into it and you see what’s left of it,” added Vaughn.
The only thing left is the frame of the home, and ashes of precious valuables.
Close friends and neighbors said a mom, daughter and a tenant who rented out the basement, occupied the home.
Glen Fire Department confirmed no one was hurt.
They also said they did not know if anyone was in the home at the time.
The fire is under investigation.
- House fire in Alcorn County
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Man recovering after fire destroys Alcorn County home
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi
- Child struck by vehicle in Alcorn County
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Arrests made for Alcorn County thefts