BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The City of Booneville held a meeting on Tuesday night to go over the rules and regulations for alcohol sales in the city.
Mayor Chris Lindley said the first day for buying and selling will be Dec. 30.
He also explained why that day is still almost a month away; the state law requires the ordinance to be published for 30 days.
The city is going to follow almost all of the state guidelines when it comes to selling alcohol.
One thing that is different is the advertisements will not be able to be seen from the road.
So there will not be any exterior chances to store or restaurant fronts.
The mayor also said that alcohol will be able to be bought Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Alcohol will hit shelves in Booneville in December
- Voters say "yes" to alcohol sales in Booneville
- Multiple arrests in Booneville
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- Booneville woman arrested for fraud