AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Absentee voting is underway as an alcohol vote nears in Amory.
Amory voters will either approve or vote against the sale of alcohol during a Dec. 10 special election.
Previous Article - City of Amory sets date for alcohol vote
According to the city, absentee voting can be done in person any day that the city clerk’s office is open and only at the city clerk’s office at 109 South Front Street.
Dec. 7 is the deadline for absentee voting in person. The city clerk's office will be open on that day from 8 a.m. until noon.
5 p.m. on Dec. 9 is the deadline for absentee voting by mail.
There are two propositions on the ballot. One proposition is for the sale of beer and light wine.
The second proposition is for the sale of alcohol.
- Absentee voting underway as alcohol vote nears in Amory
- City of Amory sets date for alcohol vote
- Prayer walk hosted in Amory before Tuesday's alcohol vote
- Alcohol vote is the hot topic in Amory
- Amory voters say 'yes' to alcohol sales
- Absentee voting begins for August 6 Primary Election
- Saturday is Mississippi in-person absentee voting deadline
- Amory area business, church post anti-alcohol signs
- Alcohol vote foes set prayer rally in Mississippi county
- Drunk driving bill to close loophole nears final vote