AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Businesses can now sell alcohol within the Amory city limits.
Amory voters approved the sale of alcohol in December. The first day of sales is Friday, Feb. 7.
One business manager said her store had already made changes to accommodate alcohol.
Melissa Ozbirn, the manager at Super C Tobacco, said the store is putting in new coolers. She anticipates an increase in sales. She met with distributors on Monday.
Starting Friday, customers can buy beer Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. For other alcohol, it will be from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Alcohol will not be sold on Sundays.
- Alcohol sales started Friday in Amory
- Amory voters say "yes" to alcohol sales
- Sale of Amory hospital in preliminary stages
- City of Amory sets date for alcohol vote
- Amory area business, church post anti-alcohol signs
- Absentee voting underway as alcohol vote nears in Amory
- Alcohol vote is the hot topic in Amory
- Prayer walk hosted in Amory before Tuesday's alcohol vote
- Amory held public hearing to further review alcohol ordinances
- Could alcohol sales be coming to Houston?